This Sweet Potato Cheesecake is very un- Caribbean but the results were so decadent and the reviews so glowing I just had to share this recipe. Give it a try and see for yourself. You won’t be disappointed.
- 1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated citrus peel, optional
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ lb. Sweet Potatoes (American Yams), peeled and cooked
- ½ cup condensed milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel, optional
- Fresh whipped cream
Heat oven to 350° F. Spray 9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In medium bowl, combine all crust ingredients and mix well. Press firmly onto bottom of cake pan.
In large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sweet potato and condensed milk at low speed until just smooth, about 30 seconds. Scrape bowl. Add remaining ingredients 1 at a time. After all ingredients are absorbed, continue beating at low speed for 1 minute. Pour filling into pan over crust.