2 packets yeast (3½ teaspoon)
1 Tablespoon sugar
1/4 cup warm water
1 medium egg
1 cup warm milk
2 teaspoons salt
3½ cups white flour
1/2 cup salted butter (melted)
Note* A mixer is strongly recommended for preparing this recipe. A small hand mixer with a dough hook will do.
Mix the yeast, sugar and water together in a large glass bowl. Add the egg and mix well.Add the milk and salt. Stir in 2 cups of the flour. Slowly add remaining flour and mix until the dough is stiff. Mix with dough hook or remove from bowl and mix until dough no longer sticks to hands. Rub the inside of a clean large glass bowl with butter or vegetable oil. Place dough inside bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let dough rise for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour remove covering and divide the dough in to 10 pieces roll each piece into a flat circle. Brush the dough with melted butter.
- Fold dough in half, brush the top and fold again.
- Place breads on baking sheet and let them rise for an additional 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350° Bake on bottom rack of the oven for about 12 minutes.
- Move baking sheet to top rack and bake an additional 5 to 7 minutes until top is golden brown.
- If desired brush with melted butter immediately.
- Cool at least 15 minutes before eating.
*Cover in airtight container and store in refrigerator for upto 7 days.
*Microwave for 20 to 30 seconds to reheat